AVG antivirus is one of the best security programs to protect your computer from online-offline trojans, malware, adware, and other malicious websites. But, it can generate certain problems including AVG Error Code 0xe001f90f. This error can occur due to malicious content in your system, damaged system files, incomplete installation of applications, and so on.
According to users, the symptoms of this error can include an abrupt shutdown of the system, frozen OS, problems while uninstalling any software, and many more.
If you are struggling with this error, this guide will discuss some simple and easy methods. So, read the steps thoroughly and perform the fixes correctly.
Solutions to Eliminate AVG Uninstall Error
When the AVG security program stops working or behaves abnormally, the most effective way to resolve is by uninstalling it. But, sometimes error also might occur during this uninstallation process. Hence, below are the 2 most effective methods to fix it.
Method 1: Advanced Restoration of Computer
Restoring your computer to its previous version, when AVG was working smoothly, is an excellent idea to solve the error. The steps are mentioned below.
- Start and log in to your computer as an Administrator. Click on the Start button and select “All Programs”.
- Then, select Accessories > System tools and then click “System Restore”. A dialog box will appear showing the option “Restore my computer to an earlier time”.
- Select the restore point when there was no AVG Error Code 0xe001f90f. Click “Next” on the confirmation window and restart your computer.
Method 2: Use Repair Tool for AVG
The repair tool for AVG comes from the same antivirus service provider. Using this tool might help you to fix AVG uninstall error. To fix it, follow the step by step procedure mentioned below.
- Download the repair tool for AVG antivirus from its official website using your default web browser.
- Install the tool and open it. Now, click on the “Scan” button to scan and analyze the errors.
- Select the “Repair” option and hit the Enter key. Wait till the repairing process is complete. This will fix all the AVG-related system files and also repair the corrupted files causing error 0xe001f90f.
- Restart your computer and try to uninstall AVG.
Note: Do not ever think of deleting AVG antivirus from the “Program Files” folder, if you are unable to uninstall the application. This will corrupt all files on your system drive (C:) and turn off the computer suddenly.
These above-discussed methods are suitable for fixing the AVG error code. Besides, always try to update your antivirus regularly to obtain the latest virus definitions. It will help you to protect your computer from all kinds of threats including 0xe001f90f.
Also, activate your antivirus’s Add-On on the default browser to enable AVG Internet Security. If you want more information on fixing AVG error codes, share your opinions in the comment section given below.