Looking for the perfect antivirus software for your Windows PC? You don’t have to buy it from a third party always. As we all know Microsoft Windows Defender comes inbuilt with most of the Windows Operating System. It’s capable of doing all the basic things a potential security software do to protect our PC.
In this article, you can find some useful steps which will really help you using Windows Defender in offline mode. As I have mentioned the step by step guide to update the Windows Defender you will get it easy to update the Microsoft Windows Defender into its latest definition.
Windows Defender Offline
Windows Defender Offline is powerful enough to detect any kind of malware programs and its an essential scanning tool for your Windows PC. It can help you to safeguard your system from most of the threats come to it.
How to use Microsoft Windows Defender Offline
Here you go! find the way to use Microsoft Windows Defender on your PC. Follow the steps given:
- Firstly Download Windows Defender Offline and create a CD or DVD. You can even choose to save the program to a flash drive.
- Now, Restart your PC using Windows Defender Offline Media
- Then, Scan the system for any unwanted software or malicious program files
- Finally, erase the malware and spyware found on your PC
Now since you got the essential steps to use Windows Defender Offline on your Windows Computer Let’s discuss the common errors that users face with Windows Defender.
Common Problems with Windows Defender
I have listed some generic issues associated with Microsoft Windows Defender. If you are already using the Microsoft Defender on your PC this might help you to solve the common errors.
- Unable to activate Windows Defender
- Windows Defender error code 0x800704ec
- Windows Defender is turned off and not working
- Protection Definition update failed
- Windows Defender won’t update connection failed
There are a lot more issues you can find with Microsoft Windows Defender. Find easy and quick solutions here. Or you can always contact Windows Defender Customer Support to get help with your problem.
Easy Fixes to Windows Defender Problems
There can be several reasons for the problems with your Windows Defender. Before getting the solutions, let’s check the reasons.
- Error in Windows Registry Files
- Conflict with any other third-party security software present on your computer
- Altered System Files
- Outdated Windows Defender database
- Improper Installation of Windows Defender
- You may not have logged in as administrator
- Any malicious program already infected your PC and now it is stopping Microsoft Windows Defender from Scanning your PC
Now, let’s check what are the solutions we can try to fix those issues.
Restart your PC
In some cases, it is just that easy and all you have to do is Restarting your PC to resolve the problem. Press the Windows Logo from your Keyboard and Select the Restart option from the shutdown menu.
Remove third-party security software
If you have any third party security software installed on your Windows PC try to uninstall it to run Windows Defender smoothly. Which is very simple to do. All you have to is Going to Control Panel and then Select the Uninstall program button from the list. Now Choose the Security Software you need to remove. And finally, right-Click on it and tap the uninstall button.
Perform a Disk Check
Though I’m providing you with the steps, it’s highly recommended to perform this steps under expert supervision to make sure you get the proper solution. You can Call at the toll-free number of Windows Defender Customer Service and get help from the professional technicians.
Well, Follow the steps given below to run a disk check on your computer
- Press the Windows Key from your Keyboard
- Then type cmd there
- Now, Right Click on the Command Prompt
- And then Run as administrator
- Now, Click Yes to Continue
- Type chkdsk /f /r, then press Enter on your keyboard
- Press ‘Y’ on your keyboard
How to update Windows defender
Many of the Windows users face problem updating Windows Defender to its latest definition. The nature of malware and spyware get changed every moment. Therefore, to safeguard your PC it’s really important to keep your security software up to date.
Here you go! follow these simple steps:
- Click the Start Button
- And then click on Programs
- Now, select Windows Defender. This will open Windows Defender on your Windows Computer.
- Then Click On Check for Updates Now button to check for new definitions.
Connect With Us
I must say all the steps I’ve discussed here need advanced computing knowledge. Therefore, it is always better to get help from experts to solve the Microsoft Windows Defender errors. You can go to the Windows Defender Antivirus Support portal and start conversations with professional engineers available there 24X7. These DIY methods can solve the problems temporarily. But if you are looking for long-term reliable solutions to your problems call at the toll-free number: +1-800-620-2321 of Windows Defender Tech Support.