McAfee real-time scanning keeps turning off windows 10 is one of the most common problems encountered by numerous users. Mcafee is an antivirus and that offers virus and malware protection and the multi-device solution.
Without interrupting, this antivirus scan the files, folders, and those data which are in the background. Sometimes, your device might have infected files and lead to this error. Make sure that you are not running another antivirus on your device because that might conflict with the McAfee.
Make sure that you are connected to the internet and if not then the MCafee will not work. Thus, you need to produce solutions that can resolve the McAfee issue at the earliest. Here you will get to know effective solutions to fix the problem.
Trusted Hacks to Fix the McAfee Real-Time Scanning Keeps Turning Off Windows 10 Itself:
Use the easy methods to fix this issue permanently. Therefore, follow the instructions that are mentioned below.
Solution 1: Scan from the Security Center
At first, head over to the Security Center to enable the real-time scanning. To do that, perform these steps.
- Initially, head over the McAfee window to open the Verizon Internet Security.
- Then, select the Navigation option.
- Go to the list of the menus and choose the Real-Time Scanning option.
- Now, choose the Turn On option.
- After that, come back to the main Security Center page to assure that the Real-Time Scanning is on.
- In the end, the Security Center needs to be closed.
Solution 2: Run the McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT)
If you run the McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) properly that will help you to fix the McAfee keeps turning off issue. This is an automated tool and if any error is related to the software then this tool will fix it easily. At first, you need to download this software and then just run it on your operating system.
Solution 3: Download and Run the Oas-Disabled-Fix.Cmd Utility
If you download and then run the oas-disabled-fix.cmd utility on your device successfully, then it will help you to fix this problem. To run this utility, perform the following steps properly.
- At first, visit the official site of the McAfee to download and save the utility.
- After that, click on the oas-disabled-fix.cmd and then run it on your device.
After that, reboot your device and then select the program to run it as an administrator. Sometimes you might get an error message at the time of running this program. Then, tap on the Ctrl and C key at the same time on your keyboard.
Thereafter, tap on the Y key and then hit the Enter key. You will then notice that the program stopped and it provides you permission to run it again.
Solution 4: Check for Other Antivirus Software
If another software runs in your system then, that might interfere with the McAfee. In case you want to remove the software program then, press on the Start button. And then, select the program list.
Now, select the program which you want to remove and then select the Uninstall option. Then, remove and reinstall the McAfee software. To see all the new changes, just reboot your operating system.
Additional Steps to Fix the McAfee Real-Time Scanning Keeps Turning Off Windows 10:
Here are the steps that you need to follow to fix the McAfee Keeps turning off issue.
- First, navigate to the Control Panel option and then click on the “Programs and Features” option.
- After that, you should run the MCPR Cleanup tool.
- Finally, restart your device and then reinstall the software.
Sometimes, you might find that the Real-Time scanning won’t stay on. Then, follow the below-mentioned steps to fix this issue.
- Initially, check whether the system clock is accurate or not.
- Then, just restart your computer.
- There is an alternative way to fix this issue. For that, navigate to the online account page of the McAfee.
- After that, download the installer on your desktop.
Hopefully, applying the above solutions appropriately can help you to resolve the McAfee Real-Time Scanning Keeps Turning Off issue without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Queries Related to the McAfee Keeps Turning Off:
- How can you tell if McAfee is working?
Ans: If you want to know if McAfee is working or not, then go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Initially, head over the M-shield icon which is next to the clock.
- Sometimes, you might be unable to see the McAfee icon, then press on the “Show more icons” button.
- Now, select the Check for Updates option.
- Then, wait for a few minutes until the update process to complete successfully. When a message appears will help you to understand that you are up to date.
- How do you find McAfee on your device?
Ans: Here are the steps that you need to follow to find the McAfee on your system.
- First, go to the Start menu and click on the Control Panel option.
- Then, click on the Programs and Features option.
- Now, check whether the McAfee is in the installed programs list or not.
- Select the McAfee icon to confirm that it works.