Malwarebytes is an antimalware program that detects and removes malicious components from a system. Sometimes, it can exhibit various error messages, which can disable this security software. One of the most common problems includes “Malwarebytes has stopped working Windows 10”.
The issue occurs due to reasons like incomplete installation of the software, outdated Malwarebytes version, conflict with another antivirus program, etc. Users of Malwarebytes have witnessed this issue when they tried to scan their computers.
If you are using Malwarebytes and facing this problem, then this article will cover how to fix it. Hence, you are requested to follow the next section very carefully and perform the fixes correctly.
Troubleshooting Tips When Malwarebytes Stops Working During Scan
When Malwarebytes stops working on your computer, you need to troubleshoot it at the earliest.
The troubleshooting methods are discussed below.
Method 1: Upgrade Outdated Version of Malwarebytes
Using an outdated version of Malwarebytes is one of the main reasons that can result in “Malwarebytes has stopped working Windows 10”. So, follow the steps given below.
- Open the Malwarebytes application, go to the “Settings” option and click on the “Application” tab.
- Find the “Upgrade” option and hit the tab to install the latest version. Wait for all the necessary files to be downloaded and installed.
- The application will restart and a dialog box will appear with a drop-down menu. Here, you can choose the setup language and installation option.
- Click on the “Agree” button and install the antimalware application. After that, select the “Finish” button.
This will bring the latest version of Malwarebytes on your computer and hence, your problem might get solved.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Malwarebytes
If Malwarebytes stopped working during scan, it means that your application got corrupted somehow. In this case, first, you have to uninstall the program and then re-install it from a fresh “.exe” file. Now, let’s dive into the detailed procedures step by step.
To uninstall the application, follow the steps carefully.
- Go to “My Computer” and find the “Change or Uninstall” option. Click on it and find the application from the list.
- Select the software, click on the uninstall option and wait for the process to complete.
- Restart your Windows 10 based computer.
After the uninstallation, it’s time to reinstall Malwarebytes from scratch. The detailed steps are written below.
- Visit the Malwarebytes official website and download the setup file.
- Find and double-click on the file to select the installation language. Then, follow the installation wizard and complete the process by clicking the “Next” button.
- Now, hit the “Finish” option to complete the installation.
Method 3: Uninstall Other Antivirus Program
Sometimes more than one security program on your computer can create a software priority clash. It restricts Malwarebytes to perform its task or make it stop on Windows 10. So, follow the steps in the previous method to uninstall other antivirus applications.
Follow the above-discussed troubleshooting procedures to solve the Malwarebytes problem with ease. To prevent this error, we suggest not to install more than one security application on your computer.
Also, run a full system scan, at least four times a week, to enjoy a threat-free working environment. For further information on resolving Malwarebytes issues, you can ask us in the comment section below.