Virus on iPhone is a very rare issue due to its highly protective features. But, it’s not impossible to have a virus on your iPhone because it is also vulnerable like other devices. When an app starts misbehaving, it indicates that a virus may have entered the device. If you do not take any immediate measure to eradicate the virus, then it can bring serious damage to the device. Moreover, it can make changes and even corrupt the Operating System as well. So let’s discuss how to get rid of virus on iPhone.
Symptoms Of Virus Attack On iPhone
- If viruses attack your iPhone, then It may direct you to an unfamiliar web page or open the app store without permission.
- If a virus is present on the device, then the data usage increases suddenly.
- Your device may get overheated easily.
- The virus can take a toll on the iPhone’s battery and the battery may drain faster.
- You may all of a sudden find unfamiliar apps on the device.
- The apps installed on iPhone may as well crash frequently.
- Viruses may lead to popup ads on the device.
How To Get Rid Of Virus On iPhone?
You can make the device virus free by applying any of these given methods.
Clear Your Browsing History On iPhone
- Hold down the power button on your iPhone until you get the ‘Power Off’ option.
- Switch off the phone and then press and hold the power button again to turn it on.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and open the web browser.
- After that, select ‘History and website data’ and hit the ‘Clear’ button.
- If the device is set to automatic backup, then you can restore it to an earlier backup when it was working correctly.
- If the automatic backup is not enabled on the iPhone, then open ‘Settings,’ tap ‘iCloud’ and select ‘Turn on Backup.’
- Download and launch an antivirus software on your iPhone, in case you don’t have one, and run the programme to remove the threats.
Restore The iPhone
- Go to ‘Settings’ and tap on the ‘General’ tab.
- Click the ‘Reset’ option located at the bottom of the ‘Settings’ window.
- Now click on ‘Erase all contents and settings’ and wait until you get a confirmation that all contents and settings are erased.
- Open ‘Settings,’ tap ‘iCloud’ and select ‘Turn on Backup’ to back up all your iPhone data.
- After that, connect the iPhone to your computer with a USB cord.
- Open iTunes and click on the device.
- Select ‘Restore iPhone’ and follow the onscreen instructions to restore the device.
- Once your device is restored, it should start as a brand new iPhone.
Delete The Suspicious App
- Open the ‘Settings’ app and move to the ‘General’ tab.’
- Click ‘Device(Storage)’ and select the app which you feel may contain a virus.
- Tap ‘Delete app’ and select ‘Delete’ once again on the ‘Confirmation’ window to continue with the process.
Update The iPhone To The Latest Version
- Connect the iPhone to a source of power and connect it to the internet.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and tap ‘Software Update’ under the ‘General’ tab.
- If you find that an update is available, then click ‘Download’ and install it.
- You may get a message that the update needs more space.
- In that case, select ‘Continue’ to let the iOS device delete some apps.
- There is nothing to be worried about because the device will reinstall the deleted apps later.
- Enter the passcode to start upgrading the device to the latest available version.
Upgrade The iPhone Via iTunes
- Open iTunes on your iPhone, choose ‘Help’ and check for updates.
- Then follow the on-screen prompts to install the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect the device to a computer and open ‘iTunes.’
- Select the device, click on ‘Summary’ and select ‘Check for Update.’
- If an update is available, then click on ‘Download’ and install the same on your iPhone.
- When prompted, you need to enter the pass-code to complete the update.
Factory Reset Of iPhone
- Open ‘Settings’ and click on the ‘General’ tab.
- Tap ‘Rest’ and select ‘Erase All Contents and Settings.’
- As you enter the pass code, you will get a warning box asking for a confirmation that
whether you want to delete the contents or not.
- Enter the Apple ID password to continue this activity.
- After that, the iPhone goes back to the initial setup screen which appeared when you used the device for the first time.
Precautionary Measures To Prevent Virus Attack
In addition to how to get rid of virus on iPhone, we are mentioning the tips you can take to prevent a virus attack on your iPhone.
- Whenever an update is available for your iPhone, install the same as soon as possible.
- Do not follow every link that appears, because it may contain the malicious files.
- Do not perform jail breaking on your iOS device to remove restrictions for installation of certain apps.
You can use the same methods when you stumble upon ‘how to get rid of virus on iPhone 6’ as well.