Norton server error often pops up while running the Norton application. Hence, it fails to scan the entire system and displays various message codes. Moreover, the same error also appears when you try to log into Norton account as well.
Moreover, the communication error and the end of the subscription period are the main culprits for this error. Many times, the live update error with unsupported browser platform restricts from running this antivirus program with ease.
How to Fix Norton Internet Security Server Error ?
Follow the procedures given below and fix the Norton internet security server error effectively.
Fix 1: Restart the PC in Regular Mode
One of the simplest methods is to activate the Norton service but you can use it as a temporary solution.
- Close all the background running application programs and exit from the Norton window.
- Refresh the desktop screen by pressing the F5 key.
- Reboot the System in Normal mode and try to launch the Norton antivirus window.
- Finally, scan the system with this software and fix the Norton activation error temporarily.
Fix 2: Remove Junk Files and Reboot the PC
Full of cache at times prevents the Norton services. Then, the best way is to remove them.
Hence, perform the following.
- Close the Norton program and exit from other running programs.
- Now, refresh the desktop window and restart the system.
- Then, type “%temp%” in the Run dialog box and clean the temporary files.
- Refresh the Recycle Bin and close the window.
- Finally, restart the Norton and connect the PC to a network. Then, verify whether the Norton server error still appears or not.
Fix 3: Set the Browser as Default
Sometimes, the browser displays the antivirus running issue. Therefore, you have to set the browser as default and fix the Norton server error effectively.
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and choose the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Now, click on the System icon from the Settings window and then you can see several items in the resultant window.
- Next, tap on the Default apps option and then go to the Web Browser section.
- Then, pick the browser app that you wish to set as the default platform.
- After that, activate the Norton product and check whether the service error got fixed or not.
- Finally, reboot the system and launch the Norton window after connecting to a network. Now, verify whether the Norton server error still persists or not.
Fix 4: Run the LiveUpdate on Windows
If the Norton server creates a communication error, then by running LiveUpdate, you can easily eradicate this error.
- Double-tap on the Norton icon and launch the Norton window.
- Now, tap on the Security and choose the LiveUpdate option from the main window.
- Next, wait for a few minutes and once the live update is completed, then press the OK button.
- After that, you might check whether the display shows the message, “our Norton protection has the latest protection updates”.
- Run the Live Update again, if it fails for the first time.
- Finally, reboot the device after existing all the valuable programs. Now, check whether the Norton service is activated or not.
Fix 5: Activate the Norton on Mac
To activate Norton on the Mac device, you need to uninstall the old Norton account first. Therefore, you might active the Norton with the device compatible version.
- Sign in the Norton account with correct credentials and open the Device Security page.
- Now, hit the Delete Device and open the Remove Device confirmation window.
- Next, press the Remove button and complete the step by tapping on the Done option.
- Go to the Norton main window again and tap on the Active Now button.
- You will get a subscription window and sign the new Norton account by entering the Norton account details correctly. In case of a new registration, tap on the Create a New Norton account and complete the online registration process.
- The product license page will appear on the display with subscription details. Follow the on-screen instructions and hit the Next button.
- After that, select a product key under the ‘Use a Product key’ section and then click the Enter option.
- Finally, follow the wizard screen instructions accordingly and complete the Norton activation process.
Fix 6: Verify the .NET Framework and Update Successfully
The outdated .NET framework also causes the Norton internet security server error quite often. Therefore, you might install the latest version of the .NET to get a hassle-free Norton service.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- Now, locate the Microsoft .NET Framework and check its version details. Verify whether you are using the latest version or not.
- In case of the .NET outdated issue, type “Windows update” in the search box and press the Enter key.
- Hit the Check for Updates button and it will directly transfer your cursor to the Microsoft .NET framework download website.
- Next, click on the Download it Now button and save the file to the system hard drive.
- Finally, run the executable file and complete the .NET framework installation process successfully.
Fix 7: Re-install the Norton Product
Incorrect or incomplete installation might also lead to Norton product error frequently. Therefore, the quickest way is to uninstall the Norton program and install it with the latest version.
- Press the Windows key and type “control” in the search box. Hit the Enter key and launch the Control Panel window.
- Then, click on the Programs and Features icon from the same window. Next, tap on Uninstall a Program under this section.
- After that, right-click on the Norton product and other associated apps. Select the Uninstall option from the context menu.
- Confirm the step by tapping the YES button and wait for a few seconds to remove the app from your system. You can then notice a confirmation message on the screen that says, “Norton Product is removed successfully”.
- Once done, click Finish button and close the window.
- Now, go to the Norton official website and download the latest version. Make sure that you have installed it as per the PC configuration.
- Finally, install the program and run the Norton app successfully to fix the Norton server error.