Norton is one of the best antivirus systems that is used to protect your devices from malware, virus and other junk files. You can find out the latest technology in Norton that is especially used for transferring the latest protection update from Symantec servers.
By running Norton LiveUpdate, you can easily verify whether your Norton software is up to date or not.
However, Norton Live update error is one of the common issues that most of the users face that can cause severe security threats.
Reason of Norton Live Update Error:
These are the following reasons for which you might encounter Norton Live update error. Check them out:
- Due to the file entries offered in PC resists you can get this error.
- If Norton software packages are somehow broken or corrupted then this error can occur.
- If the live update will not permit you to access the live update server then this error message will pop up.
- When local permission is inflicting the matter.
- If your system is not having a reliable web affiliation.
It is quite obvious to get frustrated while encountering this error as it indicates that your pc is not safe and facing cyber threats.
How to Fix Norton Live Update Error?
The primary reasons that lead to this error is the internet connection and insufficient space. So if you are frequently getting this error then it is mandated to fix it at the earliest. Follow the troubleshooting methods given below and fix the error.
1. Switch Auto LiveUpdate to Manual Update
For this method, you have to follow the below steps.
- Click on Settings and you can find out Automatic LiveUpdate option.
- If it is on then it is in automatic mode.
- If the latest updates are not available then it will download the protect updates automatically.
2. Verify Virus Definitions Date
- Start Norton
- Check the main Window. Under you are protected, check the next date of the protection updates.
3. Run a Full System Scan
At times, running a full system scan can be an effective fix for Norton Live update error.
- Start Norton
- Next to Device Security, you can find My Norton window. Just click on Open.
- Now, double-click on Security and then hit Scans.
- Choose Full System scan from the Scans window and click on Go.
- When the scan process completes, click on Finish
4. Uninstall and Reinstall Norton
After using all these methods if the issue still persists then uninstall Norton and then reinstall it back. To do this,
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and save the file.
- Press CTRL+J from the keyboard and open the Downloads window in your browser.
- Double-click the Norton icon and then click Agree.
- Click Remove and Reinstall button.
- Hit the Continue or Remove button.
- Reboot your system after completing the uninstallation process.
- Now, follow the online instructions and reinstall Norton products.
5. Solutions For Mac
If you are using Mac OS then, you can follow these steps to fix this issue.
- Open Norton and search for the date next to Protection Updates.
- If the time is less than one day then run the LiveUpdate after 24 hours.
- Now, use Intelligent Updater to update virus definitions
- Get to know about the antivirus name, version and Windows version and save them on Desktop.
- Now, double-click on the downloaded file and click Yes.
Hence, these are some easy methods that you must try to fix Norton Live update error.