McAfee antivirus software is one of the best security programs coming from the McAfee technologies. This is a company that deals with the development of antivirus software for PCs. The security software that comes from this company is one of the advanced security programs in the market, assuring multiple protection and the safety of computers from the online virus attacks. McAfee antivirus software is a fresh looking and always with an effective interface that comes with great features as per the requirement of most of the users. Basically, it is a powerful security software that is more promising than the other security programs available in the market. McAfee supports the system of the users from almost all attacks like malware, spyware, and many other viruses that infests the computer while checking emails or browsing online. Despite having such a massive popularity, it is not entirely free from technical glitches. In terms of the issues, “McAfee won’t uninstall” is one such query which is noted quite often in recent times.
In that case, go through this support article and get a step-by-step guide to fix your antivirus related issues. Alternatively, you can get in touch with us at our McAfee Technical Support.
Some Primary Reasons Of McAfee Won’t Uninstall
Before going to the fixes, you should have basic information about the primary error that several McAfee uses encounter.
- If a virus or any other malicious program attacks your system in that case, you can’t easily uninstall your McAfee internet security program.
- While trying to uninstall your McAfee security program, you might find that your system crash down frequently.
- If you’re using more than one antivirus program at the same time, then it can conflict with each other.
- Sometime, you may notice that your system acts sluggish.
- Using the McAfee security program, you might get stuck in several error codes or messages.
McAfee Won’t Uninstall? – Some Easy Hacks
There are several ways to fix “McAfee won’t uninstall” issue. However, we provide the most accurate ones for you.
Solution 1: McAfee Won’t Uninstall Windows 10
- At first, open the Start menu and then click on the Windows logo key.
- Then, open the Settings and then click the gear-shaped icon.
- Now, select Apps.
- Then, you’ll see McAfee Total Protection option, click on it.
- After that, select the Uninstall option.
- Then, click on the Uninstall button when prompted.
- Now, a message pops up asking “Do you want to completely Uninstall McAfee for Windows?” then click Yes.
- After that, restart your system.
Solution 2: McAfee Won’t Uninstall On Mac
- First of all, open Spotlight. Then you’ll see a search bar.
- In the search bar type Terminal.
- Then, open Terminal and double-click on it.
- Now, enter the uninstall comand. Type “sudo /Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.sh” and then press Return.
- After that, a message pops up asking your Password. Then, enter your Password.
- Then press Return.
- Finally, restart your system and check if the issue is there or not.
Solution 3: Use McAfee Smart Tool
Apart from the above-mentioned methods, you can also use a handy tool to uninstall your McAfee internet security program. You can download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool from the McAfee website. Double-click Mcpr.exe to use it and then follow the instructions. To start the cleanup process click on Remove and then restart your system to complete the removal of McAfee products.
Avail Expert Assistance From Our Antivirus Support
Getting past from the security threats is what all our customers want. Thus, we know that your prime demand is to keep your device protected from all sorts of malicious software. For ensuring that you get your device free from threats you can easily avail of our McAfee Customer Service.
To get a hassle-free assistance, call our Antivirus Support Number +1-855-589-4554 which is available 24*7. Our certified engineers will provide you with dedicated solutions. The Antivirus Support can also be looked forward to through our official email address email@example.com. Moreover, for the promptest support, McAfee Chat Support Portal is your place to land on. You can directly talk to our experts, and they’ll provide you with the best answer to your issue.