McAfee antivirus is an antimalware protection software that helps the users to protect the system from spyware, malware, virus, or other unwanted threats. But, some users complained that the McAfee firewall keeps turning off on their computers.
So, if you are also stuck with the same problem, then here are the possible solutions that you can perform on your own.
Why Does My McAfee Firewall Keep Turning off?
McAfee antivirus program can be deactivated automatically due to a number of reasons. They are:
- Some malicious malware or virus often deactivate the existing antivirus and firewall of the system.
- If there are other antivirus programs on your computer, then they might have conflicts with the McAfee firewall.
- Some third-party firewalls are designed specifically to destroy other firewall protections and to turn them off.
- If Windows Defender is activated, then it also might be the reason behind this problem.
- If the internet connection is turned off on the computer, then this issue might pop up.
Whatever might be the reason, you have to turn it on to get back the security system of your computer.
Easy Hacks to Fix McAfee Firewall Keeps Turning Off Error:
There are several ways to troubleshoot this error. Here we are about to discuss some of them. But, before going to implement them, you can run a full scan of the system to check if this issue arises due to virus or malware of the system.
After running a full scan, if you see that the error still appears, then you can perform the further fixes that are described below:
Fix 1: Deactivate Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall is an in-built security program of the Windows Operating System that is a form of a basic firewall and an antivirus program. So, if it is turned on on your computer, then it might lead to this problem. Hence, you can turn on the McAfee firewall by deactivating Windows Defender.
How to Disable Windows Defender?
- First, open the Control Panel by going to the Start menu.
- Go to the upper-right pane of the screen and then click on the ‘View by’ option.
- Choose the ‘Large icons’ from the list.
- Afterward, navigate to the ‘Windows Defender’ section.
- Next, search for the ‘Turn Windows Firewall on or off’ from the left pane of the screen.
- Then, choose the ‘Turn off Windows Firewall’ option for both the private and public networks.
After doing this, restart the computer to apply the changes. Then, you can check the results. If you notice that the issue is still unresolved, then you can perform the further ways that are described below.
Fix 2: Uninstall Other Antivirus Program
As we have mentioned earlier, the ‘McAfee firewall keeps turning off’ issue appears due to the presence of another security program. To solve this, you can deactivate the other antivirus program that is running on the computer. Here’s how to do this:
- First of all, go to the Start menu.
- Click on the Settings (gear-shaped) icon.
- Navigate to the System category.
- Next, click on the ‘Apps and Features’ section to open it.
- Search for the installed antivirus program by scrolling down the list of programs.
- Select all of them and click on the Uninstall button.
- Lastly, confirm your action by clicking on the Uninstall button once again.
After uninstalling all the other antivirus program, you can check if the issue still appears. In case you notice that the issue is resolved, then identify the particular problematic program and remove that from the system. Else, you can perform the methods provided below.
To identify the problematic program, enable the antivirus program one by one and check if the issue arises again. Once you identify the problematic program, keep it uninstalled.
Fix 3: Check the Internet Connection
The McAfee antivirus program doesn’t run without a proper internet connection. Hence, you need to check the wires of the router if they are connected accordingly.
If the cables get disconnected, then the internet is not working and as a result, you might face the ‘McAfee firewall keeps turning off’ issue. Once the internet starts to work, hopefully, the issue will be resolved by itself.
Fix 4: Using McAfee Virtual Technician
If all the above methods failed to solve this error, then you can try this one as your last resort. McAfee Virtual Technician is a one-stop solution when you are trying to fix any McAfee error. To perform this, you can take a quick glance at the steps that are mentioned below:
- First, visit the official website of McAfee and search for the McAfee Virtual Technician tool. Once you get that, download it on the system.
- After downloading the McAfee Virtual Technician package, restart the computer.
- Next, go to the location where the tool is saved and then click twice on it to run this.
- Once it opens the welcome page of the tool, tap on the Next button.
- Now, wait for a few seconds until the result page appears. Here, you will see that the AutoFix option is selected automatically.
- Thereafter, tap on the Next button to solve the issue. Or, you can tap on the ‘More Details’ option and then click on the Next button.
- Now, you will see the details that can be resolved on the next page.
- Select your preferred option and tap on the Continue button to complete the process.
After applying the above steps, you can check if the ‘McAfee firewall keeps turning off’ issue is solved.
Hopefully, one of the above solutions will definitely help you to solve this error.