Malware is basically a set of codes that gradually harm the computer and the data that is stored in the device. So, there are certain security programs such as Malwarebytes Anti Malware which are designed to safeguard the computer from all kinds of Malware.
But Malwarebytes also have some drawbacks which can restrict you to run the device properly. So, in this article, we are discussing the best methods to get rid of the obstacles that you might face while using Malwarebytes.
The most commonly known problem is Malwarebytes error code 5. If there is a corruption of files within the Windows Registry that are associated with the Malwarebytes application then you can get this issue.
Further, if you have accidentally deleted any vital files or folders from the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program setup then this can trigger an error. You will note that the computer starts crashing frequently and you are unable to run any program in the device.
Simply follow this article and learn the hacks that can eradicate the error in minutes. So, let’s begin.
Methods to Fix Malwarebytes Error Code 5
There are various options available throughout the website but you need to most effective ones to fix the “Malwarebytes anti-malware error code 5” permanently. You have to perform the below-mentioned steps in the exact sequence provided.
Method 1: Repair the Registry Entries
In most of the cases, you will get the Malwarebytes error code 5, when there is an issue within the Registry Entry. You can fix the Registry Editor problem but have to be careful enough and avoid entering incorrect editor commands.
Before repairing the Registry entries, you have to create a backup of the important files. Now, to create a backup you have to perform the steps:
How to creating Backup of Registry Entries?
- First, you have to go to the Start search box. Now, write “Command prompt” in the Start box and hit the Enter button. From the searched results, find the Command Prompt and click on it.
- In the Command Prompt window, you have to write “Regedit” and then hit the Enter button to run the command.
- The Registry Editor window will open now. In that window, you have to choose the files for which you need to create a backup. Export the files from the File menu. Next, you have to select a folder to save the backup in the device.
- Check that all the selected files are on the Export Range box before going to the next step. Now, click on the “OK” button to save all the changes that you have currently made.
After clicking on “OK”, all the important files will get saved in the device itself. The files will be restored in the .reg file extension form. Now, you are all set to edit the Registry.
How to Edit the Registry?
To completely get rid of the Malwarebytes error code 5, edit the Registry files. You have to follow the steps given below:
There are mainly two basic components in the Registry Editor: one is “Key” and the other is “Value”. If you know what Key you want to edit, then you have to hold the Ctrl and F key together to open the dialog box.
Once the Dialog box opens, you have to put the Key name in the box. Now, hit the “Find” button. When you are done finding the Key, you have to double-click on it to edit the value data. Next, hit the “Ok” button to save the recent changes.
Once you are done with editing the value and key, restart the computer and check if the Malwarebytes Error Code 5 is still there. If the error still persists, you have to go to the next method to put an end to the issue.
Method 2: Clean The System Junk
You can also clean the junk files from the device to eliminate the problems associated with Malwarebytes. And sometimes if the hard disk gets overloaded then it can hinder the proper functioning of the Malwarebytes.
So, it is always recommended to clean the temporary files periodically. If you are searching for the steps on how to use Disk Cleanup then here are the steps to guide you:
- First, you have to write “Command” in the Start search box. Now, choose Command Prompt from the search results.
- Once, the Command Prompt window opens, you have to type “cleanmgr” in the blank field and hit the Enter button to run the command.
- Now, you have to wait for some time (the time span generally depends on how much junk files are stored in the computer). The Disk Cleanup dialog box will open after a few minutes.
- Now, you have to choose the series of checkboxes that will appear on the screen.
- Select the boxes against the files that you want to remove from the Computer and then place a click on “OK”.
Once you are done, you have to restart the device and if the Malwarebytes error code 5 is still there then move to the next method that is mentioned below.
Method 3: Run the System File Checker
You can easily solve the Malwarebytes error code 5, by running the System File Checker which is an in-built tool of Windows OS. By running the SFC, you can easily detect and remove all the corrupted files.
To run the System File Checker, you have to perform the following steps:
- First, go to the Search box on the Start menu. Now, you have to type “Command Prompt” in the search box. Click on Command Prompt from the list of the results.
- In the Command Prompt window, you have to write “sfc/scannow” and then hit the Enter button to run the command. This will start the scanning process in the device.
- The scanning process might take some time. Once the process is over, you have to follow the onscreen instructions to restore the important files.
- Now, start the device and check if the error is still there. If you’re still getting Malwarebytes error code 5, then you have to proceed to the next method.
Method 4: Reinstall the Malwarebytes Software
If any of the above-mentioned methods did not help you to fix the issue, then you have to apply this last and ultimate step to prevent the Malwarebytes error code 5. To reinstall the Malwarebytes, you have to run the following steps:
First, you have to go to the Control Panel by writing the “Control Panel” in the search box.
Now, in the Control Panel window, search for the “Programs and Features” option. Right-click on it and then find the Malwarebytes program from the list of the programs.
Now, from the drop-down menu, you have to click on the “Uninstall” option. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the uninstallation process. Once you are done with removing the Malwarebytes program from the device, you have to download a fresh copy from the official website of Malwarebytes.
Simply go to the website, search for the latest version that suits your present device OS. Click on the Download button and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the procedure. As soon as you complete the installation, you will note that the problem is fixed.
We hope the methods worked for you to get rid of the issue. If you have any other queries, you can share it through the comment section.