Bitdefender protects the system against data theft and hackers. With time, certain software glitches start to accumulate. The most common problem is associated with the VPN application.
If you are getting Bitdefender VPN error on the device, then the basic reason is a poor network connection. Further, if you put a wrong DNS input, you will come across such an issue.
You might note that there is an interruption and you are unable to connect with the network. Besides, if the Bitdefender VPN application that you have installed gets corrupted you might get this error.
If you face the Bitdefender VPN error code 1009 then we would recommend you to get rid of the problem at the earliest. This article can assist you to resolve the error at the earliest.
2 Easy Methods to Fix Bitdefender VPN error code 1009
If you want to fix the error, you just need to follow the below-mentioned methods to solve the Bitdefender VPN error code 1009.
Method 1: Update the Bitdefender Antivirus
First, you need to find the Antivirus Central option. After searching for the Antivirus option, you have to put the credentials to log in to the account. Next, you have to choose the “My Devices” option.
Now, hit the “Install protection” icon. Select the “Protect this device” icon, click on that option. You have to launch the executable files that already exist in the system. Next, you need to reset the computer by hitting the Restart key.
Now, open the Bitdefender application and check if the error persists or not. If you are still getting the same error message then move to the next method mentioned below.
Method 2: Change the DNS Output
If the above method is unable to fix the Bitdefender VPN 1009 error, then you have to change the DNS output to get rid of the issue.
To change the DNS output, you have to go through the following steps:
- First, you need to navigate to the Control Panel. And for that write “Control Panel” in the Start search box and hit the Enter button.
- Next, look for the Control Panel from the searched results. Next, in the Control Panel tab, search and click on the “Network and Internet” option.
- Choose the “Network and Sharing Center” icon. Now, select the “Change adapter Settings” option and double-click on the activated network connection.
- Next, you will find a pop-up screen, click on the Properties option. Now, try to find the Ethernet Properties button and select the “Internet Protocol version 4” option.
- Again, click on the Properties option, a window will open on the screen. You need to choose the “use the following DNS server address” option.
- Next, you have to fill the details accurately. Choose the two options: Preferred DNS Server: 22.214.171.124 and Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199.
Finally, you have to click on “Ok” and then restart the system to check for the error.
These are two essential solutions that can help you to fix the Bitdefender VPN error code 1009 from the application. State your queries through the comment section. Share this article to the one who is facing “Bitdefender VPN error code 1009”.