Bitdefender VPN error 1004 mostly appears if the VPN is disabled. Also, if the Bitdefender files are corrupted, the error pops up on your screen.
Sometimes due to the faulty DNS servers or Proxy settings you might experience this issue. Corrupt System files can also be a primary reason for this error code to appear.
Hence, remove it by applying effective solutions.
How to Fix Bitdefender VPN Error Code 1004?
Check out the easy and accurate solutions to get rid of the Bitdefender VPN error 1004 within a flicker of time.
Solution 1- Reboot the System
Most of the time, after restarting the device, you can easily fix the error. So, first, restart your computer and check if the error has been resolved or not.
It is also advised to ensure that you have a strong internet connection. Once you have assured about that but still the error code appears, then proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2- Ensure that the VPN Service is Enabled
As disabling VPN services might lead to this error code, you need to activate the VPN. Here is,
How to Enable the VPN Service?
In the beginning, navigate to the Windows start menu and type ‘ncpa.cpl’ in the search field and press the Enter key.
This will lead to the Network Connection. Under this section, locate and right-click on the AnchorFree TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and thereafter select Enable option if it is disabled.
Solution 3- Change the DNS
Changing the DNS can be another easy solution that might help you to eliminate the glitch. For that, take a look below.
- First, click on the Start icon and then enter the ‘control panel’ within the input field as well as press the Enter key.
- Once the Control Panel window opens, then move to the Network and Internet option. After that, go to the Network and Sharing Center.
- Now, a new page will be shown on the screen. Here, double click on the Active adapter. Furthermore, choose the Properties option.
Alternatively, move the cursor to the lower-left corner and tap on the Windows Start menu. Then, enter ‘ncpa.cpl’ in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- In addition, double-click on your active adapter and select Properties.
- Once it opens, tap on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on the Properties.
- Next, tick the box beside the Use the DNS server address and type the following address:
Preferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
Tap on Ok to confirm the Changes and if the Bitdefender VPN error 1004 still persists, then check out the next solution.
Solution 4- Repair the Corrupt Bitdefender Files
If the above three solutions do not work for you, then as an alternative, you can try this solution to fix the error.
Now, perform the given instructions to implement this solution on your device.
- First, press the Windows and R keys simultaneously on the keyboard to open the Run dialog box. Then, enter ‘regedit’ in the Run field and click on the Ok option to open the Registry Editor Window.
- Next, search for the Bitdefender VPN error 1004 related key and click on it to back up that file.
- Furthermore, select the File menu and afterward tap on the Export button. Then, save the backup files on the preferred location.
Ensure that you have checked the box next to the Selected Branch option. Furthermore, tap the Apply button.
Then, follow the online instructions and complete the procedure. Once finished, then check the status of the error.
If you still fail to remove the error code then try out the next one.
Solution 5- Temporarily Disable the Proxy Settings
Sometimes, after disabling the proxy settings you might overcome the situation as well. To do so, first, click on the Start menu. After that, move to the Control Panel.
From there, navigate to the Internet options. Next, choose the Connection tab. Under this section, uncheck the box beside the Automatic configuration.
You should also unmark the dialog box beside the Proxy Server button. Finally, tap on OK option and check the error status.
Solution 6- Repair the Corrupt System Files
Sometimes, Bitdefender VPN error 1004 can also occur due to the virus attack. In this case, you have to repair the corrupt system files by using the inbuilt SFC tool. Here is,
How to run the SFC Command?
Tap on the Start icon and enter cmd in the Search box. Then, what you have to do is to right-click on cmd.exe and choose the “Run as Administrator” option.
Now, tap on Yes option on the User Account Control (UAC) and when the blinking cursor appears, then enter’ sfc/scannow’ and hit the Enter key to run the tool.
After that, the scanning process will start. Wait for some time as depending on the file size the scanning process might take some time.
Once done, then exit from the device and reboot your system.