One of the runtime errors while installing any update of the software is AVG error code 0xe001c046. These kinds of errors mainly occur due to improper installation, corrupt downloaded files, etc.
Moreover, you can also observe these errors while installing any updates or activating any feature of the antivirus. Some other causes include, improper installation of AVG antivirus can lead you to this situation, corrupt or mistakenly deleted files of the antivirus package, if Windows gets infected with malicious software, missing or malware-affected files of AVG antivirus, etc.
Hence, resolve the error at the earliest to make your antivirus run successfully.
How to Fix AVG Error Code 0xe001c046?
Try out the solutions stated below to eradicate AVG error code 0xe001c046 instantly.
Fix 1: Repair Windows Registries
This is the first and foremost fix that you should try out. Therefore, you can easily repair Windows registries manually. But be a little careful while applying this fix because registries can malfunction if not handled sincerely.
- Go to the Start menu. Type cmd in the search box. Now, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter at the same time.
- Opt for the ‘yes’ option. Then, type ‘regedit’ and press the Enter button.
- It has launched the Registry Editor of Windows. Locate the registry related to the AVG error code 0xe001c046. Select that key.
- Click on the File menu and choose Export.
- Provide the location for the ‘Save in’ option where you want to create a back-up of the file.
- Name the file. Opt for the ‘Selected branch’ option under the ‘Export Range’ section.
- You have to save the file with .reg extension.
You have created the back-up of the AVG file successfully. Now, check if the error still persists.
Fix 2: Go for a Full Scan of your System
The error might occur due to a malware attack, too. So it is necessary to choose a full scan of your PC to eradicate the error. Therefore, delete the malicious content after running a full scan of your system. Also, check if you are still dealing with the error.
Fix 3: Update Drivers on your System
When your PC has outdated or corrupt drivers, there is a high chance to encounter AVG error code 0xe001c046. Any missing files from the driver software can create such a menace. The system keeps crashing whenever you launch the program. Therefore, try the following steps.
- Go to the Start menu and find out the Device Manager. Click on it to expand.
- Choose the Expand icon and opt for the device from the list.
- Right-click on it and choose ‘Update driver’. You have to choose ‘Search automatically for the updated driver software’ option.
Wait until the process is over. Once it completes, go and check if the error is still there. If it doesn’t work you can reinstall the device drivers using the following steps.
- Expand the Device Manager again.
- Right-click on your device and opt for ‘Uninstall’ from the menu.
Lastly, reboot your computer and Windows will start installing the drivers automatically. Now, check whether the error disappears.
Fix 4: Try System Restore
System Restore is an excellent feature of Windows that enables your computer to rewind the settings to a suitable point of time. This feature can actually help you to recover from any error including AVG error code 0xe001c046. Follow the steps for recovering AVG error code 0xe001c046 on Windows 10,8.1,8,7.
- Head towards the Search bar. Type ‘system restore’ in the box and choose System Restore from the results.
- You have to provide admin credentials.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to choose a preferable point of time. It will then redirect your system to that point of time when the system didn’t have this error.
Check if the problem still persists after the system restarts.
Fix 5: Run SFC Scan
This kind of error is very phenomenal when the system has corrupt or missing files of that program. You should run the Windows System File Checker scan to ensure that the error doesn’t take place due to all these issues. Hence, perform the following steps.
- Go to the Start menu. Type cmd in the search box. Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to launch Command Prompt with admin privilege.
- Tap on the ‘yes’ option.
- Type ‘sfc/scannow’ and press Enter.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions after the scan is complete.
Check whether the error disappears after this fix. Otherwise, go for the next fixes.
Fix 6: Update your Windows
When all the above fixes denied performing, you can also try this fix. The outdated Windows version can lead you to this annoying error. Hence, you can easily apply this fix for Windows XP, Vista, 7,8,10.
- Go to the Start menu, as usual.
- Search for ‘update’ using the search box.
- Choose the Windows update option. Check if there are any updates available.
Download and install the updates. Check if the error resolves.
Fix 7: Go for a Clean Installation on Windows
We have kept this fix for the last. It involves the deletion of all programs and data from your system. We recommend you create the back-up of all the necessary programs and data on your PC. Then, you should reinstall Windows.
This fix will erase all the data on your computer and clear all the junk files from the hard drive. You should apply this fix only when you are unable to resolve the error after failing with all the above fixes. This fix will definitely give you a new system without any error. If the error still persists after a clean installation, then the runtime problem is definitely related to hardware. In that case, you should contact a professional technician.