Avg error code 0xC00702E4, also known as AVG Install error, occurs when you try to install the AVG antivirus application on your PC.
On encountering this error code, you might notice an error message that says “Sorry, we’ve experienced a problem during initialization. Please try again. Error code: 0xC00702E4”.
Thus, it can restrict you to install the AVG PC tuneup 2016 application on the system.
Moreover, the error mainly occurs due to the crashing of two conflicting programs on the device. However, you can easily fix it.
Causes of Avg Error Code 0xC00702E4:
AVG PC tuneup 2016 install error code 0xC00702E4 might appear due to several causes. Hence, take a look below:
- An incomplete installation process of AVG Antivirus.
- Malware infection or viruses.
- Corrupted AVG antivirus application.
- Junk files or temporary files.
- An outdated version of the Operating System.
- An older version of the driver.
- Enable the Windows firewall.
- Missing the system files.
Effective Solutions for AVG Error Code 0xC00702E4:
There are multiple solutions for the AVG error code 0xC00702E4. Below, you will get to know a certain number of solutions that should help you to get rid of this error on the system.
Solution 1 – Uninstall the Conflicting Programs
If you already have other programs that are conflicting with the AVG antivirus application, then you can encounter this error code on the screen. So, you need to remove the programs instantly. To do that follow these directions:
- At first, navigate to the Control Panel and double-click on Programs & Features section.
- On the Programs & Features window, find the application that might conflict with the AVG installation. Select it and then click on the Uninstall button.
- Once the uninstallation process is finished, restart the device and then try to install it properly.
Solution 2 – Install the Latest Version of the Device Driver
If the driver has not been updated from time to time, then you might get the AVG error code 0xC00702E4. So, you must keep the system up to date. To update it,
- Press the Start button and choose the Device Manager.
- When the Device Manager window opens, locate the driver with a yellow mark and right-click on it to launch the list.
- Here, you will see the Update Software Driver option. After completing the update process, reboot your computer and then check if the error still occurs or not.
Solution 3 – Turn Off the Windows Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows firewall can also block the AVG antivirus application from installing. So, when you try to install it, you must disable the Windows firewall features from the device. If you do not know how to do that then follow these steps cited below:
- Click on the Start button and go to the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel window, navigate to the Windows Firewall section.
- On the left panel, click on the Turn Windows Firewall On and Off option.
- On the right window, go to the Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings sections and mark on the box next to the Turn Off Windows Firewall (Recommended) button.
- After doing these steps, click on the Save button. Then, restart your Windows system.
Solution 4 – Remove the Temporary Files or Junk Files
Sometimes, removing the temporary files or junk files can resolve the AVG error code 0xC00702E4. So, run the Disk cleanup tool.
- Go to the Search box, type Disk Cleanup and then hit the Enter button.
- On the Drivers list, choose the drive that you want to run the disk cleanup.
- After that, choose the files that you want to remove. Then, click on the OK option.
- Click on the Delete files option.
- Next, to remove the system files, click on the Cleanup system files option. Now, the temporary or junk files has removed from the device.
Solution 5 – Perform the System Restore
Performing the system restore can eliminate this error code from the system. Now, perform the following:
- First of all, open the Run box, type the System Restore and then press the Enter key or click on the OK option.
- From the System Restore window, click on the Next option.
- Select a restore point that you want and then click on the Next option.
- After that, follow the instructions which pop-ups on the screen to finish the restore process.
- Once the restore process is completed, restart the system and then try to install the AVG antivirus application to check if the error still persists or not.
Solution 6 – Remove the AVG Antivirus Application and Install It Again
Corrupted AVG antivirus applications can also cause the AVG error code 0xC00702E4. So, you can uninstall the AVG antivirus application and then install it properly.
- Right-click on the Windows Home key and choose the Control Panel option.
- On the Control Panel window, go to the Programs & Features section.
- Scroll down the page until you find the AVG antivirus software, select it. After that, click on the Uninstall option to begin removing process.
- Once the process completed, reboot your PC and then install it again.
- Go to the official website of the AVG antivirus application and search for the latest version of the AVG antivirus application.
- After finding the latest version of the AVG antivirus application, download it by pressing the Download button and then install it correctly.
- Once the installation process is done, restart the system and then check if the error still shows up or not.
Solution 7 – Run the System File Checker Tool
Running the System File Checker tool can also resolve this issue. So, you can run a full scan of your system. This tool can find the corrupted system files and repair them automatically. Here’s how to do that:
- Press the Windows Home button and X key together to launch the WinX Menu list and choose the Command Prompt(Admin).
- When the Command Prompt window opens, type sfc/scannow and then press the Enter button to run this command.
- After finishing the scanning process, reboot the device and then try to install the AVG antivirus application.
Solution 8 – Install the Latest Version of the Operating System
If you are using an older version of the Operating System, then you might fail to install the AVG antivirus application and receive this error code on the device. So, you need to update the system by following these steps:
- Press the Start button and click on the Settings option.
- From the Settings window, double-click on the Update & Security section and select the Update tab on the left panel.
- On the Update tab, click on the Check for Updates button to check if any updates are available or not.
- If yes, then you will see the Update option, click on it.
- Once the update process is complete, the device will automatically restart. After restarting the device, try to install the AVG antivirus software.
By performing all the solutions which are mentioned in the above section to solve the AVG error code 0xC00702E4.