Avast Antivirus provides excellent and reliable security features to its users. It protects your device from the trojan horse, malware infection, worms and many more. But, it can exhibit different error codes from time to time.
According to many user’s analyses, the security application shows Avast error 42127 on various occasions. It can occur due to various reasons like incomplete Avast setup files, outdated Avast Antivirus database, corrupted Windows registry settings, and so on.
This article is ideal for you if you are using Avast and facing this same error. So, thoroughly follow the solutions discussed here to solve the problem.
Solutions to Recover Avast Error Code 42127
We have optimized 5 easy and excellent solutions to fix Avast error 42127. They are discussed below in detail.
Solution 1: Uninstall and Reinstall the Program
When it shows Avast error code 42127, the easiest way to resolve it is to uninstall it first and then reinstall it.
Uninstall Avast Antivirus
To uninstall Avast, follow the steps below.
- Choose “My Computer” and go to ‘Programs and Features’. Then, select the ‘Uninstall or Change a Program’ option.
- Find Avast in the list of programs and select the software with a single click. Then, hit on the ‘Uninstall’ option and wait for Avast to create a new system restore point.
- After that, click on the ‘Uninstall’ option to remove Avast’s every component from your computer. Your computer will restart automatically after completing the uninstallation.
Reinstall Avast Antivirus
To install the application from a fresh set up file, observe and follow the steps carefully given below.
- Visit the Avast Antivirus’s official page and download the setup (.exe) file from the Support section. Find the file from the downloads folder and install it.
- Wait for the installation to be completed. Then, update your antivirus that will take a few minutes to activate.
Solution 2: Fix Windows System Files
Run SFC (System File Checker) in your system to fix and repair all the corrupted Windows files. SFC is a built-in software in Windows OS that can troubleshoot error code 42127 in Avast. To perform an SFC file check, follow the instructions below.
- Press the “Windows+R” key to open the Run dialog window. Type “cmd.exe” and press the Enter key to open Command Prompt. Now, type “SFC /scannow” and hit the Enter tab.
- The SFC is open and ready to scan your Windows system files. Now, type “SFC /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows” and press the Enter key.
- The file checker tool will now check and repair all your corrupted system files. After it is done, close the command prompt.
Solution 3: Fix Windows Error in Safe Mode
You can open your Windows OS in Safe Mode to check whether there are any problems in system files or Avast’s database. To resolve Avast error 42127, you can follow this procedure.
- Click on the Start button and type “MSCONFIG” in the search area and press Enter.
- Select the “boot” option to open the list of booting features. Next, select the “Safe boot” option to run your OS in this mode.
- Activate a network by double-clicking on it and restart your computer.
Solution 4: Download and Install Windows Update
Updating your OS with its newest components might fix this Avast problem. The steps are very simple and discussed below.
- Select the Start option and type “Windows Update” in the search area.
- Click on this option and Windows will automatically search for the latest updates.
- Hit the “Download” option and wait for the updates to be downloaded and installed.
Solution 5: Clean Junk Files
Cleaning junk files in your system can solve your issue regarding Avast Antivirus as well. Hence, you can download any secured third-party junk cleanup application to do the task. But, we always recommend using the built-in Disk Clean-Up feature in Windows.
- Right-click on your system drive, which has Avast components, and select “Properties”.
- In the General tab, select the Disk cleanup option and wait for your system to gather information about all the junk files in your system. Now, from the list of junk data as per the selected locations on your drive, tick all the checkboxes. If you want to erase everything, click on the “Delete files” option.
- Wait for the junk files to be deleted and reboot your computer.
All the above-discussed procedures can easily solve this Avast error if you follow them correctly. Moreover, to keep your OS healthy and fast, clean junk files regularly. Also, use licensed Avast Antivirus software to avoid any type of complications.
If you want to share any innovative ideas on resolving Avast error code 42127, feel free to post them in the comment section. For more updates on various Avast issues and their solutions, keep following our posts regularly.