Avast error 1920 is one of the most common errors encountered by Avast antivirus users. It mostly occurs due to an outdated system driver or an inaccurate installation of the antivirus program.
The error message that comes with this error 1920 reads as the file cannot be accessed by the system.
Causes behind Avast Error 1920
Apart from outdated system drivers, there can be other reasons behind this error as well, including:
- An incorrect download of Avast Antivirus
- Incomplete installation of Avast
- Registry error within the system
- Virus or Malware attack
- Missing files
How to Fix Avast Error 1920
Fixing Avast error 1920 is quite easy and you do not need any professional assistance as such. You can do it yourself, by following the solutions exactly as listed below.
Solution 1: Run a System File Checker (SFC) Scan
Firstly, try to run an SFC scan and see whether this solves the issue for you or not. SFC is an efficient tool to restore corrupted Windows system files and can help fix this Avast error 1920. To run the scan, follow the steps exactly as given below.
- Go to Start and type ‘command’ in the search box.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter on the keyboard and a dialog box will appear. Click on “Yes” once asked for prompting.
- Type “sfc /scannow” (without the quotes) in the Command Prompt window and then hit the Enter button.
- This will launch a scan for distinct problems within your system (including System error 1920)
- Follow the prompts appearing on your screen for a successful SFC scan.
Solution 2: Use Windows System Restore
As we all know, System Restore helps you to restore your system to the time when it did not have any issues. This can provide you an easy fix for this issue without any difficulty. Thus, follow the steps exactly as cited below to perform a Windows System Restore.
- Go to Start and type “System Restore” within the search box. Hit the Enter button.
- Click on System Restore and provide the administrator password.
- Follow the instructions on your screen so that you can select a restore point and restore your system.
Performing a Windows System Restore should solve the error for you, however, if the problem still persists, follow the next solution.
Solution 3: Update Your Windows OS
A majority of users state that updating their Windows OS to the latest version has resolved the issue for them without any difficulty. Follow the steps exactly as given below for a successful Windows update.
- First, go to Start and then type ‘Update’ within the search bar. Click on Enter.
- In doing so, a Windows update dialog box will appear on your system screen.
- Check if there are any current Windows update available for your system. If yes, then click on the “Install update” button and update your Windows OS successfully.
Solution 4: Update the Device Drivers
You are most likely to confront this error if the device drivers are outdated or corrupted. Thus, it is important for you to update the device drivers. Here is how you can update or reinstall the device drivers manually.
- Go to Start and then type Device Manager within the search box.
- Click on Device Manager and when the window opens, look for any driver with a yellow mark beside it.
- Choose your device from the category and right-click on it. After that, click on “Update driver”
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
If the problem still persists, try to reinstall the driver and see if the error gets resolved.
- First, go to Start and type Device Manager within the search box.
- Click on the option that appears within the results to open Device Manager.
- Right-click on your device’s name and click on Uninstall.
- Restart your system so that Windows can automatically reinstall the drivers.
Solution 5: Run a Complete Malware Scan on Your System
A malware infection can be another reason why you face this error. Therefore, we recommend you to run a complete malware scan on your system and see if the error resolves or not.
Thus, after you have carried out all the instructions we have laid down, you will see that the Avast Error 1920 get solved properly. And there will not be any performance issues with other programs on the system.