Avast Error 10013 is one of the most common technical problems for most Avast users. Improper or incomplete installation is the main reason for this error. There are also some other reasons like unethical downloads, missing data or files, and many others.
Due to this error, your device might behave abnormally for instance, it can shut down unexpectedly. If you are wondering how to fix Avast Error 10013, then follow this article carefully.
Symptoms of Avast Error 10013
Below we have mentioned the common symptoms of the Avast Error 10013.
- Whenever this error happens you will notice that the active program window crashes.
- Sometimes you try to run the same program and as a result, your personal computer crashes.
- When this error appears on the screen of your device, Avast is unable to secure mail, news or important documents.
- Sometimes you will observe that the system unexpectedly restarts.
- Most of the time you will notice that Windows fails to respond to your commands. It means Windows tends to run very slow due to this error.
All The Solutions To Fix Avast Antivirus Error 10013
Below we have discussed all the Solutions for how to fix avast error 10013. All of these damage control steps might be difficult as well as time-consuming.
Hence we highly recommend you attempt the below solutions in a proper way. You need to do this in ascending order to save your time and effort.
Solution 1: Repair the Registries Linked with Error 10013
To fix this Error 10013 you have to manually edit the Windows Registry entries. That should be done carefully. If you utilize the Registry Editor incorrectly then the Operating System might get damage. So, start the repairing process as discussed underneath.
Step 1: At first, go to the “Start” button.
Step 2: In the search box, you need to type “command” but do not press the “Enter” key.
Step 3: Press the “CTRL”, “Shift” and “Enter” keys together.
Step 4: Then you will be asked for permission and for that you need to press the “Enter” key.
Step 5: In the open window, you need to type “Regedit” and don’t forget to press the Enter key.
Step 6: Now select the key associated with Avast error 10013 in the Registry Editor.
Step 7: Click the “File” menu and choose the ‘Export’ option.
Step 8: After completing all the above steps, select the location where you want to save the backup key. You will find that in the “Save In” list.
Step 9: For the backup file you need to enter a name in the “Filename” box-like Avast Antivirus Backup.
Step 10: In the “Export Range” menu you will find the “Selected branch” option. Choose the option and click on “Save”. After clicking save your file would be saved with a reg file extension.
Step 11: Now you have successfully created the back-up file of Avast Antivirus related key. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Solution 2: Perform a Complete Malware Scan
You might encounter the concerning error if your PC carries a malware. Because of this type of infection, your PC becomes unstable. A malware scan is the only means to delete all malware-associated programs from your PC.
Solution 3: Use Disk Cleanup
Utilize Disk Cleanup, a built-in tool to remove temporary folders and files from your PC.
To run a disk clean up properly, you have to follow the below-mentioned procedures.
- Click on the “Start” button and type ‘command’ in the search box.
- After that, you need to press “CTRL”, “Shift”, and “Enter” keys simultaneously.
- Then you will be asked for permission and click “Yes” to continue.
- Next, a window opens where you should type “Regedit” and press the Enter key.
- Now you will notice that the disk cleanup will start calculating how much space needed to free up in each drive.
- Again you will be asked to choose the categories from which you want to clean up the junk files. From here, select “Temporary Files”.
- Now you have to select the checkboxes against the categories you want to remove. Then hit the “OK” button.
- Now you have removed all the temporary and junk files completely from your PC.
Solution 4: Update Device Drivers of Your PC
To fix avast error 10013, you need to update the device drivers of your PC. For this, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- At first, you need to choose the “Start” option and search for the Device Manager.
- As Device Manager opens, expand a particular category.
- Choose your device, right-click on it and select the “Update Driver” option.
- For the updated driver software you have to choose the Search automatically option.
If the problem persists, then you can reinstall the drivers. To do so follow the steps properly.
- At first, you need to open the “Device Manager”.
- Then right-click the device and click on “Uninstall”.
- In the end, just reboot your system. You will find that Windows will begin reinstalling the driver.
Solution 5: Utilize Windows System Restore
To “Undo” the recent system changes you have to utilize the Windows System Restore. This will help you to solve this error problem.
In Windows XP, Vista, 7,8 and 10 you can easily use the System Restore. For that, you have to follow the steps which we discussed below.
- At first, you need to click the Start button.
- Then type “System Restore” in the search box and press the Enter key.
- Next, select “System Restore” from the search results section.
- Enter the administrator password if prompted.
- To select a restore point you need to follow the steps in the Wizard.
- In the end, just restart your device and hopefully, your problem will be solved.
Solution 6: Run Windows System File Checker
If you run the System File Checker properly, then it will help you to solve the error. To run the system file checker for Windows XP, Vista, 7,8 and 10 you need to follow the given steps.
- At first, you have to click on the start button.
- Then in the search box type “command”.
- Thereafter you have to hold the CTRL+Shift keys together press the Enter button.
- After that, you will find a permission dialog box. Without wasting time just click yes.
- Now a black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Then you have to type “sfc/scannow” and press the Enter button.
- Now system file checker starts the scanning process and fixes the problematic system files.
- In the end, just follow all the on-screen commands. Thus, you able to fix this error.
We have provided all the possible useful solutions to recover from Avast Error 10013. Hopefully, these solutions have helped you.